Meadows Country Fair- Sunday 21st October 2018
This year’s Meadows Country Fair will include:
- market stalls, produce/craft
- live entertainment for adults and children
- children’s events/ activities and games
- food outlets
- Farmers Alley – showcasing the regions quality food and premium wine
- farming exhibits, expert advice and demonstrations
- amusements and rides
- animal expo and education
- the Udder Tug professional and celebrity hand milking competitions.
WHAT: Meadows Country Fair
WHEN: Sunday 21 October 2018 , 9am-4.30pm
WHERE: Meadows Oval, Mawson Road, Meadows
COST: Adults and 12 years and over – $7.00 Children under 12 years – free
INFORMATION: Tyson Claughton
0400 297 582
*What is the Udder Tug?
The Udder Tug is South Australia’s only hand milking competition. The rules of engagement are:
- 1. An auction is conducted for the right to purchase a cow to be milked. The auction continues until all cows have been purchased.
- 2. Each milker is allowed 4 (4) minutes to milk their cow.
- 3. Only one milker is permitted to milk the cow.
- 4. Only two handlers (one at front and one at rear) are permitted.
- 5. No lubricants for udder preconditioning are permitted.
- 6. No seats or stools permitted.
- 7. The milking bucket must be held in the air until the order to start has been given.
- 8. Only the designated milker is permitted to touch the udder.
- 9. Any introduced foreign material which extends the quantity of the milk will result in disqualification.
- 10. The judges’ decision is final.
Monday 19 October 2009 – watch this report about the 2009 Meadows Country Fair from Indaily (the daily electronic news from the Independent Weekly team).